Our Debt Update Video & Some Encouragement for Today




August 2019 Debt Update!

Hi Everyone! So this post is going to be pretty short, but as promised we are keeping you all posted on our journey. As you guys know, one of the things that we are working on is getting out of A LOT of debt.

With a cross country move, job changes, and everything else that comes along with these transitions, it has not been easy to stick to our financial plan. This has been ESPECIALLY hard on the days that we feel like we are going no where fast.

I'm not going to type out all of the details for this months update. Instead, below I will share our complete "Debt Update" video, but before I do, I just want to leave you guys with a few positive notes incase you are in the thick of something too.

Things we have learned through sharing our journey:

1.) If you are working toward some type of change in your life, don't give up! 

We are learning that often times the process feels super slow, but if we are doing a little bit every day, we are still moving in the right direction---even if it doesn't feel like it! Ive have learned that when things are hard, that's when we need to keep pushing because we are right on the other side of a breakthrough.

You don't face opposition simply by sitting still and complacent! Remain consistent, even when it feels like its hard for nothing.

2.) If you're struggling with something, you're not alone. 

Almost every time Corey and I muster up the courage to share something that we think NO ONE could possibly relate to, the messages flow in. People have shared very similar stories about their own struggles, and that's what has been pushing us to keep sharing. I

f you are struggling with feeling ashamed or like a failure, remember that we all struggle. We are all human. We are all imperfect. There is community in sharing your struggles. There is peace in knowing you're not alone. If you're not already, follow us on Instagram where we share our daily struggles to encourage others to see that it's ok that life is rough sometimes! We want to have a community of imperfect people that can help each other through tough times!

3.) It's not always about the destination. 

Listen, we are all about dream boards and goal setting, but recently I have found so much peace in the journey. The days are hard. Fighting the urge to not buy my kids everything they want is hard. Eating good is hard. Improving is hard. But what I'm realizing is that I am becoming so strong through this process. Corey and I both are. Our marriage is better, our routines are better, and there is so much more peace in our lives. We certainly are not where we want to be, but yet I feel happier than I have ever been, and I know that's because I am pushing myself to live my full potential every day.

If you're not where you want to be, it's ok! Just look at where you are, and give yourself a pat of the back. There's so much to learn through the journey, so look around, soak it in, and be thankful for the lessons that life has for you--they are only shaping you into the person God created you to be! Embrace them!

I hope you all have a great rest of your week! I appreciate every single one of you. If you are wrestling with something in life right now, I hope these messages have helped. Also, if you ever need some extra prayer, please feel free to reach out. 


Enjoy!


No comments

Post a Comment