Episode 9: Do We All Have a Purpose?


For a good part of my life, I struggled with the answer to this question.

I mean, I knew that the quick and easy answer would always be, "Yes" however, if that was the truth, why did it seem to be such a struggle to discover what my purpose was?

Finding the truths behind this question were and still are a big part of why The Adkins Highlight REAL was born.

I still can't say I have this concrete answer for what my purpose is, but what I have discovered is that's ok, and I want you to know that too.

Every day Corey and I are uncovering more answers on this journey, and this podcast is all about our updates, discoveries, and outlook on how each and everyone has a place and a purpose in this world.

So what's the answer to the question, "Do we all have a purpose?"

Here's our answer:

If you woke up today you have a purpose.

And that's a message that we are passionate about getting out to everyone we possibly can. We know life can be heavy, dark, depressing, confusing, difficult, etc.

But you are here.

And you are here for a reason.

Even if you don't know what that reason is yet.

You can listen to this week's podcast below:



In this podcast we reference:

-The amazing movie titled Mr. Hollands Opus. Click the link to get it on Amazon. It's has become one of my favorite movies because of the message it sends. I linked it here on Amazon, and you can rent it for $3.99!

-1 Corinthians Chapter 12 More specifically, verses 12-27, but the entire chapter is really good. I reference this verse often, and it has really helped me find peace when I feel like an outcast. To be honest, the inspiration for the interview portion of our podcast stemmed from this very passage. It's a good one!

-Romans Chapter 12 is another amazing passage. It's been a great reminder for me to submit each day to God, rather than to my own agenda. For a control freak like me, this can be really hard, but it's brought peace to me on the cloudy days knowing that when I give my life over to God, I can trust that He will direct my path. He has a plan for each and every one of our lives. We simply need to walk with Him to uncover those plans.

-The Bible that I use is The Jeremiah Study Bible, and I absolutely LOVE it! I tend to be a bible hoarder. I get bored with my bible and start looking for something fresh and new just about every year. A few years ago, I was looking for a new Bible, and my grandfather got this one for me, and it's really the only one I use now. The bottom half of the page is an explanation of the scripture. I reference this often when I am not very clear on how to interpret the verse I am reading.

-The link to the book that Corey referenced is Found: God's Will by John Macarthur.

- Better Dad's Stronger Sons is the other book that Corey referenced. I have not personally read it, however, I have witnessed the impact that it made on Corey. It was the first book that he picked up in years, and it really helped him become the father God created him to be and got him into reading.

We love and appreciate all of you! We have really enjoyed sharing our journey with you guys, and hope it is making an impact. Please share our podcast with a friend or two because the most amazing thing to us would be to help and encourage as many people as possible.

Life absolutely can be hard, but it can also be really beautiful, and we just want to build a community of people to do REAL life with.

Until next time!

No comments

Post a Comment